Paying attention to your automobile is very important nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the theme we are gonna focus on in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Lexus NX. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Lexus NX?.
What does the ABS light on Lexus NX indicate?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Lexus NX, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Lexus NX?
To start with, it is vital to describe to you what the ABS of your Lexus NX is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Lexus NX is composed of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Lexus NX
In reality, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Lexus NX
Now we proceed to the section that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Lexus NX? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Lexus NX can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Lexus NX to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Lexus NX: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Lexus NX?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Lexus NX?. The answers will might depend on the failure you are encountering. First of all, pass your Lexus NX to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Lexus NX, don’t be reluctant to go through our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Lexus NX:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve identified an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more tutorials on the Lexus NX, go to our Lexus NX category.