Monitoring your vehicle is fundamental nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are going to discuss in this article, one of the indications that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Infiniti Q50. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Infiniti Q50?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti Q50 indicate?
We will begin our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Infiniti Q50, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti Q50?
To begin with, it is vital to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Infiniti Q50 is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti Q50 is consisting of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti Q50
In truth, you can with ease experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti Q50
Now we proceed to the part that you are most certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti Q50? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti Q50 can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them causes the ABS light on your Infiniti Q50 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti Q50: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Infiniti Q50?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti Q50?. The answers will be contingent on the failure you are encountering. Firstly, pass your Infiniti Q50 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti Q50, don’t think twice to read our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have determined the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti Q50:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Infiniti Q50, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q50 category.