Whether you wish to have a clean vehicle or you intend to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Infiniti Q50 is an action of maintenance that is not actually well controlled, between the fear of injuring electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will join you to carry out this action of service with serenity. To achieve this, first, we will discover why it may be important to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Infiniti Q50 .
Why clean the engine of your Infiniti Q50?
So we start our content by telling you why it may be wise to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Infiniti Q50 .
The most common justification for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be regular service. Failure to clean your motor vehicle will bring about dirt and grime to accumulate and sooner or later harm parts of your motor vehicle. We advise you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Infiniti Q50, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Infiniti Q50?
We will now attack the core of the content with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Infiniti Q50 . To do this, in the first section we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this action in the right way, and in a second time, the instructions to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Infiniti Q50.
To prepare the engine of your Infiniti Q50 before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is meant to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not recommended either because of the many electrical parts inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Infiniti Q50 totally, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Infiniti Q50 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Infiniti Q50 , to accomplish this, do not hesitate to consult our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Infiniti Q50 , it’s a plastic cover that can usually be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Infiniti Q50
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Infiniti Q50 correctly :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Infiniti Q50 engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it disappears.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Infiniti Q50, you will locate this type of product in specialised retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you need more guides on the Infiniti Q50, go to our Infiniti Q50 category.