Watching your car is essential in these days, in reality, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the theme we are gonna focus on on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Buick Envision. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Buick Envision?.
What does the ABS light on Buick Envision indicate?
We will begin our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Buick Envision, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Buick Envision?
To start with, it is essential to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Buick Envision is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Buick Envision is composed of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Buick Envision
In truth, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Buick Envision
Now we proceed to the part that you are likely more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Buick Envision? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Buick Envision can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Buick Envision to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Buick Envision: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Buick Envision?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Buick Envision?. The solutions will be based upon the failure you are encountering. To begin with, pass your Buick Envision to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Buick Envision, don’t think twice to read our content page which details the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Buick Envision:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Buick Envision, take a look at the Buick Envision category.