We will try again in this article to help you to remedy the small problems associated with your car. We have not too long ago seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will concentrate on an irritating issue that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Jeep Patriot . And to remedy this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your Jeep Patriot remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Jeep Patriot stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Jeep Patriot . To begin with we will concentrate on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Jeep Patriot stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one by one the different problems that can bring about the front wipers of your Jeep Patriot to get stuck :
- One of the most basic motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Jeep Patriot is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, with time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from functioning, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Jeep Patriot may not function as a result of a defective comodo. To evaluate this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Jeep Patriot are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Jeep Patriot stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Jeep Patriot , the origins of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is only one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can bring about problems only on the rear windshield of your Jeep Patriot. So, make sure to perform similar inspections as seen in the previous part of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Jeep Patriot?
Finally, for this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to make certain that the wipers on your Jeep Patriot are unlocked and that they function effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Jeep Patriot?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will highlight them one after the other in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Jeep Patriot, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to locate the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be careful there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Jeep Patriot
- In this scenario, it will be quite very easy but expensive to replace your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Jeep Patriot wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to locate the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective part
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Jeep Patriot, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Patriot category.