Nevertheless newer cars are getting better and better insulated, they are still get pretty hot during the summer. One of the most basic methods to fairly quickly dissipate this heat during the summer, or help you get rid of the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. However, sometimes your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In this instance, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my Hyundai Ioniq? This is exactly what we will try to answer in this article, first we will see the circumstance of a manual window stuck on Hyundai Ioniq, and secondly the circumstance of a power window.
Manual window stuck on Hyundai Ioniq
The systems between a power window and a manual window are different, however, if the window of your Hyundai Ioniq is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not change much on the technical side, but in the open position it is actually more irritating, you risk to have your car stolen, or to endure bad weather and that the inside of your Hyundai Ioniq moulds or has electrical problems due to humidity.
Why is the manual window of my Hyundai Ioniq stuck?
If you are in the circumstance where the manual window of your Hyundai Ioniq is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two most important factors that can show you this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or broken: This will prevent the mechanism from raising or bringing down the window.
- Seals or glass guides are damaged: They prevent the glass from moving up and down optimally.
How to open the stuck manual window on my Hyundai Ioniq?
Now we have discovered why the manual window of your Hyundai Ioniq is locked in the open or closed position. We will now speak about the solutions available to you so that you can unblock the window of your Hyundai Ioniq . To achieve this, you don’t need very advanced mechanical expertise, the manual mechanisms are actually quite basic. You will have to remove the seal from your door to access the window lifter mechanism. With a visual verify, you will fairly quickly identify if some elements are injured like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are damaged, which will block the window of your Hyundai Ioniq. If it’s just the rails you can try to put them back in place and lubricate it, in any other case you will have to replace the part, for that you will have to first remove the glass attentively to access the systems to be repalced carefully.
Electric window stuck on Hyundai Ioniq
Now let’s move on to the most general circumstance, a power window blocked on Hyundai Ioniq . In truth, electric windows are actually more complex than manual windows and therefore actually bring their share of additional problems.
Why is the power window on my Hyundai Ioniq stuck?
So let’s begin with the possible roots of a window blocked on Hyundai Ioniq:
- Defective window winder motors: In truth, it’s one of the most general factors for window winder failure, as these motors tire with time and can be rendered useless. In general you can see this because before they resign completely, they begin to tire and the window rises less and less fairly quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in this case you should hear a specific noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the mechanism, also you should hear a noise when activating the window of your Hyundai Ioniq
- The window lift fuse is defective, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your Hyundai Ioniq
- The switch knob is unplugged or faulty
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my Hyundai Ioniq?
Now that we have discovered all the possible motives of a window blocked on Hyundai Ioniq, it’s time to help you correct this problem, on this website are the different procedures you will be able to put in place to unblock the window of your Hyundai Ioniq:
- Before you do anything else, attentively remove your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in place.
- Once in front of the mechanism, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter verify that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your Hyundai Ioniq, please refer to our article to help you identify it. If your fuse is in good condition examine your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is tangled, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in place, in any other case it will have to be changed.
- Concerning the engine, a basic original replacement will be the best remedy, obviously a dead engine is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your Hyundai Ioniq, you can easily change them because they are just clipped or screwed on your window.
- Finally, if nothing happens when you activate the switch knob and you have checked all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to see if it is effectively connected or if it is not damaged.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on Hyundai Ioniq/strong, some repairs are more complex than others, if you don’t feel able to do them yourself, go to your technician who will be able to do them for you.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Ioniq, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Ioniq category.