It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Hyundai Ioniq, we’ve created this content page to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety features of your Hyundai Ioniq. In fact, you are often in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result relevant to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Hyundai Ioniq, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Hyundai Ioniq, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first technique shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq? You should be aware that this technique is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to conduct this action accurately depending on the solution you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Hyundai Ioniq on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq through the wheel arch:
This methodology is especially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
To find more tips on the Hyundai Ioniq, take a look at the Hyundai Ioniq category.