Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well go through the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Cadillac DTS, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Cadillac DTS. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to replace the car radio fuse of your Cadillac DTS, then where is the car radio fuse of your Cadillac DTS .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Cadillac DTS?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Cadillac DTS by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Cadillac DTS . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Cadillac DTS when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Cadillac DTS?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Cadillac DTS . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, dependent on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Cadillac DTS can be found.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Cadillac DTS
If you still have the original head unit on your Cadillac DTS, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Go through the manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Cadillac DTS , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse carefully and check its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Cadillac DTS
At last, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Cadillac DTS in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Cadillac DTS , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Cadillac DTS, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Cadillac DTS
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Cadillac DTS
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Cadillac DTS, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Cadillac DTS, go to our Cadillac DTS category.