Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Cherokee, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Jeep Cherokee. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Jeep Cherokee, then where is the car radio fuse of your Jeep Cherokee .
Why change the car radio fuse on Jeep Cherokee?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Jeep Cherokee by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Cherokee . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Jeep Cherokee when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Jeep Cherokee?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Jeep Cherokee . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, based on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Cherokee can be found.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Jeep Cherokee
If you still have the original head unit on your Jeep Cherokee, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Read the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Cherokee , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Jeep Cherokee
Finally, we’ll find out the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Jeep Cherokee in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Jeep Cherokee , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Jeep Cherokee, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Cherokee
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Jeep Cherokee
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Cherokee, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Jeep Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Cherokee category.