Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however as well go through the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota 86, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly affect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to discover the turn signal fuse on your Toyota 86. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Toyota 86, then where is the turn signal fuse on Toyota 86 .
Why change blinker fuses on Toyota 86?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Toyota 86 by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Toyota 86 anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota 86 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Toyota 86 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Toyota 86?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Toyota 86 is. The turn indicators are related to some electronic components and there might be some fuses related to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Toyota 86 .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Toyota 86
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Toyota 86’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Toyota 86.
- Browse the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Toyota 86 , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Toyota 86
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Toyota 86, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota 86, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Toyota 86, go to our Toyota 86 category.