Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Tesla Model Y, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the turn signal fuse on your Tesla Model Y. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which situations it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Tesla Model Y, then where is the turn signal fuse on Tesla Model Y .
Why replace blinker fuses on Tesla Model Y?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Tesla Model Y by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Tesla Model Y anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Tesla Model Y . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Tesla Model Y when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Tesla Model Y?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Tesla Model Y is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic elements and there might be some fuses linked to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Tesla Model Y .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Tesla Model Y
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Tesla Model Y’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Tesla Model Y.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Tesla Model Y , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Tesla Model Y
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Tesla Model Y, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Tesla Model Y, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any additional questions about the Tesla Model Y, do not hesitate to consult our Tesla Model Y category.