Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the drawbacks. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Mini Cooper, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to discover the turn signal fuse on your Mini Cooper. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Mini Cooper, then where is the turn signal fuse on Mini Cooper .
Why change blinker fuses on Mini Cooper?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Mini Cooper by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Mini Cooper anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Mini Cooper . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Mini Cooper when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Mini Cooper?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Mini Cooper is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic elements and there might be several fuses related to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. On the other hand, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Mini Cooper .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Mini Cooper
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Mini Cooper’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Mini Cooper.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Mini Cooper , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Mini Cooper
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mini Cooper, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mini Cooper, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Mini Cooper, go to our Mini Cooper category.