Modern vehicles are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we however as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Lexus IS, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Lexus IS. To do this, first, we will discover in which scenarios it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Lexus IS, then where is the turn signal fuse on Lexus IS .
Why replace blinker fuses on Lexus IS?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Lexus IS by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if your turn signal does not work on Lexus IS anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should consider that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Lexus IS . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Lexus IS when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Lexus IS?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Lexus IS is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic elements and there might be several fuses related to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that handles the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Lexus IS .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Lexus IS
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Lexus IS’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Lexus IS.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Lexus IS , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Lexus IS
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Lexus IS, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Lexus IS, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Lexus IS, take a look at the Lexus IS category.