Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we however also go through the cons. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Lexus ES, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Lexus ES. To do this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Lexus ES, then where is the turn signal fuse on Lexus ES .
Why change blinker fuses on Lexus ES?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Lexus ES by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Lexus ES anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should consider that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Lexus ES . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Lexus ES when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Lexus ES?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Lexus ES is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic elements and there may be several fuses related to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Lexus ES .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Lexus ES
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Lexus ES’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Lexus ES.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Lexus ES , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Lexus ES
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Lexus ES, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Lexus ES, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Lexus ES, go to our Lexus ES category.