Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Sorento, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Kia Sorento. To do this, first, we will discover in which circumstances it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Kia Sorento, then where is the turn signal fuse on Kia Sorento .
Why change blinker fuses on Kia Sorento?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Kia Sorento by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Kia Sorento anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Kia Sorento . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Kia Sorento when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Kia Sorento?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Kia Sorento is. The turn indicators are connected to some electronic elements and there might be some fuses connected to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Kia Sorento .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Kia Sorento
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Kia Sorento’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Kia Sorento.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Kia Sorento , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Kia Sorento
Finally, we will now discover how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Kia Sorento, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Sorento, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Kia Sorento, go to our Kia Sorento category.