Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Focus, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to discover the turn signal fuse on your Ford Focus. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Ford Focus, then where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Focus .
Why change blinker fuses on Ford Focus?
So let’s start our content page on the location of theblinker fuse of your Ford Focus by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Ford Focus anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Focus . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Ford Focus when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Focus?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Ford Focus is. The turn indicators are connected to some electronic components and there might be some fuses connected to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Ford Focus .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Ford Focus
We will first look into the internal fuses of your Ford Focus’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Ford Focus.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Ford Focus , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Ford Focus
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Focus, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Focus, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Ford Focus, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Focus category.