Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Explorer, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will obviously impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to locate the turn signal fuse on your Ford Explorer. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Ford Explorer, then where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Explorer .
Why replace blinker fuses on Ford Explorer?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Ford Explorer by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Ford Explorer anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Explorer . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. In general, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Ford Explorer when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Explorer?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Ford Explorer is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic elements and there may be several fuses related to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Ford Explorer .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Ford Explorer
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Ford Explorer’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact position thanks to the manual of your Ford Explorer.
- Browse the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Ford Explorer , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Ford Explorer
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Explorer, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Explorer, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Ford Explorer, take a look at the Ford Explorer category.