Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well go through the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Skoda Kamiq, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the power window fuse on your Skoda Kamiq. To achieve this, first, we are going to find out in which scenarios it can be relevant to replace the window fuse of your Skoda Kamiq, then where the window fuse of your Skoda Kamiq is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Skoda Kamiq?
So let’s begin our article content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Skoda Kamiq by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if you have problems with your car window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Skoda Kamiq no longer lifts , it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Skoda Kamiq . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Skoda Kamiq when the power window no longer works . If your battery is operating effectively, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Skoda Kamiq?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Skoda Kamiq . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you find the power window fuse on your Skoda Kamiq .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Skoda Kamiq
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Skoda Kamiq. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Skoda Kamiq.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the window fuse on your Skoda Kamiq , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, in any other case you will have to check the state of your Skoda Kamiq window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Skoda Kamiq blows after changing?
At last, we will now find out how to proceed if the window lift fuse of your Skoda Kamiq is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are able to do it, in any other case take your car to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to find out if your fuse blows when it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Skoda Kamiq, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Skoda Kamiq, go to our Skoda Kamiq category.