Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well go through the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Skoda Kamiq, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Skoda Kamiq. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Skoda Kamiq, then where is the car radio fuse of your Skoda Kamiq .
Why change the car radio fuse on Skoda Kamiq?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Skoda Kamiq by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Skoda Kamiq . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Skoda Kamiq when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Skoda Kamiq?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Skoda Kamiq . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, according to the type of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is quite often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Skoda Kamiq can be determined.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Skoda Kamiq
If you still have the original head unit on your Skoda Kamiq, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the procedure:
- Go through the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Skoda Kamiq , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Skoda Kamiq
Finally, we’ll find out the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Skoda Kamiq in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Skoda Kamiq , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Skoda Kamiq, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Skoda Kamiq
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Skoda Kamiq
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Skoda Kamiq, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Skoda Kamiq, go to our Skoda Kamiq category.