Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the drawbacks. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mazda CX 3, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to locate the power window fuse on your Mazda CX 3. To accomplish this, first, we are going to discover in which circumstances it can be relevant to change the window fuse of your Mazda CX 3, then where the window fuse of your Mazda CX 3 is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Mazda CX 3?
So let’s begin our content page on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Mazda CX 3 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if you have problems with your car window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Mazda CX 3 no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Mazda CX 3 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and examine that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Mazda CX 3 when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is functioning properly, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Mazda CX 3?
We will now look for the fuse in the power window of your Mazda CX 3 . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is generally a 30 amp fuse. We will help you discover the power window fuse on your Mazda CX 3 .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Mazda CX 3
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Mazda CX 3. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Mazda CX 3.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the window fuse on your Mazda CX 3 , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question cautiously with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Mazda CX 3 window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Mazda CX 3 blows after changing?
Finally, we will now discover what to do if the window lift fuse of your Mazda CX 3 is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage area.
- Remove your door trim
- Verify to discover if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Mazda CX 3, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Mazda CX 3, go to our Mazda CX 3 category.