Modern vehicles are more and more pre-loaded with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly also suffer the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Lexus GS, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to locate the power window fuse on your Lexus GS. To get this done, first, we are going to see in which circumstances it can be relevant to replace the window fuse of your Lexus GS, then where the window fuse of your Lexus GS is.
Why replace the power window fuse on your Lexus GS?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Lexus GS by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if you have complications with your car window, if it is stuck, or the power window of your Lexus GS no longer lifts , it is firmly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse operates as a safety device to avoid any overvoltage on your Lexus GS . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and examine that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the window lifter of an Lexus GS when the power window no longer functions . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Lexus GS?
We will now try to find the fuse in the power window of your Lexus GS . It will often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is usually a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Lexus GS .
Location of the power window fuse of your Lexus GS
We will first focus on the power window fuse on your Lexus GS. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Lexus GS.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Lexus GS , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Take out the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to examine the state of your Lexus GS window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you replace your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to handle it if the power window fuse on my Lexus GS blows after changing?
Finally, we will now see what to do if the window lift fuse of your Lexus GS is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to check yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage.
- Take out your door trim
- Verify to see if your fuse blows as soon as it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are trying to find other fuses like the starter fuse on Lexus GS, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Lexus GS, take a look at the Lexus GS category.