Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we however also suffer the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jaguar E-Pace, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we are going to try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the power window fuse on your Jaguar E-Pace. To do this, first, we are going to see in which scenarios it can be important to change the window fuse of your Jaguar E-Pace, then where the window fuse of your Jaguar E-Pace is.
Why change the power window fuse on your Jaguar E-Pace?
So let’s start our content on the location of the window lifter fuse of your Jaguar E-Pace by the interest of changing it. You may possibly have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if you have problems with your car window, whether it is blocked, or the power window of your Jaguar E-Pace no longer lifts , it is strongly possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is important to know that a fuse operates as a security device to avoid any overvoltage on your Jaguar E-Pace . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the window lifter of an Jaguar E-Pace when the power window no longer works . If your battery is operating properly, it may be the fuse that is the trigger of your problem.
Where is the window winder fuse on Jaguar E-Pace?
We will now search for the fuse in the power window of your Jaguar E-Pace . It will very often blow if your window gets stuck. The fuse is in general a 30 amp fuse. We will help you locate the power window fuse on your Jaguar E-Pace .
Placement of the power window fuse of your Jaguar E-Pace
We will first concentrate on the power window fuse on your Jaguar E-Pace. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Jaguar E-Pace.
- Read the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the window fuse on your Jaguar E-Pace , it should be noted as “power window”/”window lift control”.
- Remove the fuse in question carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise you will have to check the state of your Jaguar E-Pace window lift motor, or the power cables.
- After you change your car window fuse, put it back together and test your windows.
How to proceed if the power window fuse on my Jaguar E-Pace blows after changing?
At last, we will now see how to handle it if the window lift fuse of your Jaguar E-Pace is blown after replacement . Here are a few points to verify yourself if you are capable to do it, otherwise take your car to your garage.
- Remove your door trim
- Check to see if your fuse blows once it is changed or when you operate your power window.
- If it blows without you handling it, look for a short in the beam that handles this fuse
- If the fuse only blows when you operate the window lifter, look for the short circuit in the power window motor unit and in the door trim
You now know how to find the window lift fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Jaguar E-Pace, or the air conditioning fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Jaguar E-Pace, go to our Jaguar E-Pace category.