Modern cars are progressively more designed with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our smart forfour, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to locate the fuse of the parking lights on your smart forfour. To do this, first, we will discover in which scenarios it can be important to change the fuse of the parking lights of your smart forfour, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your smart forfour .
Why change the parking light fuse on smart forfour?
So let’s start our content on the location of the parking light fuse of your smart forfour by the interest of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the cause. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your smart forfour . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still undamaged with a very easy visual verify. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a smart forfour when they don’t work anymore without reason . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on smart forfour?
We will now try to find the fuse for the parking-lights in your smart forfour. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that regulates the proper process of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to locate the fuse for the parking lights of your smart forfour .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your smart forfour
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your smart forfour’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the instructions of your smart forfour.
- Browse the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to locate the parking light fuse of your smart forfour , it should be mentioned under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse attentively with pliers and verify the state of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, otherwise go to the last section of this content and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last solution, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your smart forfour
Finally, we will now look at how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your smart forfour, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the location of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to locate the fuse of the night lights of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on smart forfour, or the car radio fuse, do not hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the smart forfour, take a look at the smart forfour category.