When your car is running normally everything is fine, however if it begins to have regular problems you may possibly start to wonder, specifically if your car won’t start. In this post we will learn you where the starter of a Acura TSX is, it will help you to solve your ignition problems. To do this, we will first explain the function of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Acura TSX , and, finally, how to replace the starter of a car.
Role of the starter on your Acura TSX
We start this content by explaining the function of the starter motor on your Acura TSX. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its function will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is consisting of three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will action as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Acura TSX and let the current from your battery to the engine unit of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last component of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it enables to transmit the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine unit: Most important element of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Acura TSX and make enough speed for your engine unit to start.
Where is the starter on a Acura TSX?
Now that we have fairly quickly explained what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter located on a Acura TSX? It is quite easy to locate a starter, indeed, it is a large component that will almost constantly be positioned in a similar place. We let you discover the two possible spots for your car starter below.
Location of the starter on traditional Acura TSX
First and most basic circumstance, where to locate the starter of a Acura TSX with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a particular function, to start the engine unit of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine unit flywheel of this one because it is the component that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is located at the junction between your gearbox and your engine unit.
Location of the starter to Acura TSX with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Acura TSX . This case is much less frequent. It only relates to engines built with start and stop, and a good component of them will be equipped with a starter positioned close to the flywheel. Nevertheless, on some particular series or engines, the starter of your Acura TSX might be built in in your alternator, it is then named a starter-alternator, to locate it nothing easier, locate your accessory belt and you should discover the big starter block.
How to replace the starter on a Acura TSX?
Finally, we’ll describe to you actually quite fairly quickly how to replace the starter of a Acura TSX. This process is not necessarily complex, it can be considered by people who have a minimal of basic mechanical expertise and adapted equipment. Follow below the main steps to carry out this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Acura TSX, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content which points out how to do it without taking any risk.
- After locating your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine unit block, there will generally be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Acura TSX, however before doing so we suggest you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to remove it you may possibly need to remove auto parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
To get more tips on the Acura TSX, take a look at the Acura TSX category.