Shock absorbers are one of the most essential elements of a car’s performance, so it’s essential to ensure they’re always in good working order. Nevertheless, it’s not easy to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Jeep Wrangler? That’s exactly why our team has written and published this content to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will discover why it is essential to change the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to change the shock absorbers of your Jeep Wrangler, and at last, what is the price to change them.
Why change shock absorbers Jeep Wrangler?
Before describing to you when changing the dampers of your Jeep Wrangler , we will discover why it can be essential to change them. It is not easy to analyze the condition of your shock absorbers, however, it is essential to know the function they play to understand the interest of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Jeep Wrangler are component of the security features. In fact, they are the ones that will assure that your car has good road handling, maintaining wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the automobile evenly. Additionally the shock absorbers guarantee the driving comfort of your Jeep Wrangler , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and therefore getting behind the wheel your automobile will be more risky. Finally, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other components such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to change shock absorbers Jeep Wrangler?
We will now discover the component that will most definitely bring you to this content, when to change the shock absorbers of his Jeep Wrangler? After having seen the benefit of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will explain how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should take into consideration making this change.
To do this, there are not a lot of possibilities, on the other hand we will list the different ways to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Jeep Wrangler, here they are:
- We determine that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of lifetime, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Jeep Wrangler, or to verify the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t actually think about it but the technical control is a reliable way to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Jeep Wrangler. In fact, this thorough control of your car (specifically since its evolution in 2019) allows to produce a good check-up of the state of a car. In fact, it will verify on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some knowledge in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which alerts you of a possible leak.
- If you notice that your Jeep Wrangler squeaks or has an abnormal behavior in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not hesitate to have a look at our content dedicated to this problem. One of these symptoms can warn you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and therefore the relevance to change them.
- Place your Jeep Wrangler on a flat surface and struggling with the bonnet, verify if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not think twice to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can warn you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Verify the wear of the tread of the tires of your Jeep Wrangler, in fact if you notice abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a signal of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to change the dampers of your Jeep Wrangler .
Price to change shock absorbers Jeep Wrangler
And to conclude this content page we will now see what is the price of changing shock absorbers on a Jeep Wrangler . We’re going to separate in two auto parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them installed by a friend or yourself, find below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers change on Jeep Wrangler by a specialist: If you change the shock absorbers of your car at a specialist, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will propose you prices much less expensive than the garage of your Jeep Wrangler dealership. Nevertheless, if you have a Jeep Wrangler with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the type of garage and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Jeep Wrangler on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the change yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make significant savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not think twice to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to change the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, stick to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you wish more tutorials on the Jeep Wrangler, go to our Jeep Wrangler category.