Paying attention to your vehicle is fundamental in these modern times, in actual fact, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not consider signals of unusualness, you strongly risk to discover your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Mercedes Benz E Class . In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on Mercedes Benz E Class corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Mercedes Benz E Class? .
Seat belt indicator light on Mercedes Benz E Class
So we start with the article content about the security belt light on Mercedes Benz E Class . This or these lights, depending on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the action of warning the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Mercedes Benz E Class is turned on. It can be joined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to identify the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good technique to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be combined with a beeper , to be sure you are advised of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Mercedes Benz E Class?
We will now proceed to the abnormal reasons for the belt light to switch on Mercedes Benz E Class . In time, it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different problems you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are effectively fastened while you are driving in your Mercedes Benz E Class, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Mercedes Benz E Class belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is very likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Mercedes Benz E Class?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Mercedes Benz E Class , we will try to give you the solutions that you can solve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Mercedes Benz E Class .
- Presence sensor issue: : In the event you have been capable to identify that your light problem is caused by a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as sometimes a simple shopping bag can trigger the sensor and light up the belt light on your Mercedes Benz E Class. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a technician to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Problem: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to change it, you can discover some in car breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is causing your problems, you’ll need to check out your Mercedes Benz E Class’s interior fuse box.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz E Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz E Class category.