Taking care of your vehicle is important in the present day, indeed, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of unusualness, you strongly risk to find out your car withering away. This is precisely the topic we are going to discuss today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Kia Sorento . In an effort to help you analyze this warning light, first we will find out what this belt warning light on Kia Sorento corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Kia Sorento? .
Seat belt indicator light on Kia Sorento
So we start with the guideline about the security belt light on Kia Sorento . This or these lights, according to the series of your car, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the goal of notifying the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your Kia Sorento is turned on. It can be connected with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be connected with a beeper , to be sure you are informed of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Kia Sorento?
We will now proceed to the abnormal causes for the belt light to switch on Kia Sorento . In time, it should just be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different concerns you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are effectively fastened while you are driving in your Kia Sorento, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Kia Sorento belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In this instance, it is likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Kia Sorento?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Kia Sorento , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Kia Sorento .
- Presence sensor issue: : In the event that you have been able to distinguish that your light problem is brought on by a presence sensor, you will need to examine that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and light up the belt light on your Kia Sorento. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a mechanic to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning correctly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to find out if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to change it, you can find some in car breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to check out your Kia Sorento’s interior fuse box.
If you need more guides on the Kia Sorento, go to our Kia Sorento category.