We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this guide, we are going to check out a concern that may seem insignificant but that promptly turns out to be frustrating if it is not repaired. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Kia Sorento card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Kia Sorento?, and, at last, which is the battery that corresponds to the card of your Kia Sorento.
How does the key card of your Kia Sorento work?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Kia Sorento hands-free card, we will fairly quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will offer you. Who hasn’t had trouble finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car manufacturers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to demonstrate you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It enables you to open the Kia Sorento simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Kia Sorento if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Kia Sorento?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to replace the key card battery of an Kia Sorento? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to work. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it physically. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Kia Sorento:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Kia Sorento?
At last, to conclude our content page we will support you to select the card battery type of your Kia Sorento. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Kia Sorento, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more guides on the Kia Sorento, go to our Kia Sorento category.