Paying attention to your automobile is essential in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of unusualness, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the topic we are going to speak about on this webpage, one of the signs that most interferes with drivers is the seat belt indicator light on BMW 7 Series . In an effort to help you examine this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on BMW 7 Series means, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on BMW 7 Series? .
Seat belt indicator light on BMW 7 Series
So we begin with the content about the safety belt light on BMW 7 Series . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your motor vehicle, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the objective of warning the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your BMW 7 Series is turned on. It can be combined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will have the ability to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be connected with a beeper , to ensure that you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at BMW 7 Series?
We will now move on to the abnormal reasons for the belt light to switch on BMW 7 Series . In normal operation , it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different problems you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are properly fastened although you are driving in your BMW 7 Series, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The BMW 7 Series belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is very likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on BMW 7 Series?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your BMW 7 Series , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your BMW 7 Series .
- Presence sensor issue: : In the event you have been able to identify that your light issue is due to a presence sensor, you will need to check that there is no weight on your seats, as often a simple shopping bag can induce the sensor and illuminate the belt light on your BMW 7 Series. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a motor mechanic to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not working effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, in any other case you will have to change it, you can find some in motor vehicle breakage, in any other case you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is producing your complications, you’ll need to take a look at your BMW 7 Series’s interior fuse box.
If you have any further questions about the BMW 7 Series, do not hesitate to consult our BMW 7 Series category.