Caring for your automobile is necessary, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service acts are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just see what price to replace the brake discs of a Lexus GX . Regardless if it is complicated to give you an exact cost, we will first explain the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Lexus GX, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Lexus GX
Before we see the cost of changing the brake discs on your Lexus GX, we will explain what their purpose is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Lexus GX. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, very often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name indicates, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Lexus GX . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Lexus GX
We’ll now move on to the component you’re likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Lexus GX? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be built with them at the front, and not automatically at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the car it is necessary to have them in good working order. We are going to explain the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Lexus GX and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is actually the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Lexus GX you should know that the services are always considerably higher priced. We guarantee you an expertise which is not always there and which whatever the case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. Nevertheless, changing the brake discs of your Lexus GX at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Lexus GX while minimizing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Lexus GX in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs by yourself , with some expertise the procedure is not very difficult and you will discover guides on the net. To do this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Lexus GX?
As we revealed in the introduction, the brake discs on your Lexus GX are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can warn you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Lexus GX:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to verify the level of brake fluid in your Lexus GX, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
In the event that you have any further questions about the Lexus GX, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus GX category.