Caring for your automobile is fundamental, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unpredicted expenses. Some of these maintenance works are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Scion xB . Regardless if it is difficult to give you an exact price, we will first show you the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Scion xB, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Scion xB
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Scion xB, we will show you what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking element is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Scion xB. There are two specific braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Scion xB . With time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Scion xB
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re probably most keen on. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Scion xB? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the car it is fundamental to have them in good working order. We are going to detail the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Scion xB and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the priciest, if you have already had to cope with a garage of the brand of your Scion xB you should know that the services are constantly substantially more pricey. We guarantee you an expertise which is not constantly there and which in any case is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Scion xB at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To complete by a car center or an independent garage is a remedy more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Scion xB while reducing the bill. It is estimated that changing the brake discs of a Scion xB in this sort of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some experience the task is not very complex and you will discover courses on the internet. To accomplish this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Scion xB?
As we stated in the introduction, the brake discs on your Scion xB are wear auto parts. It is estimated that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can alert you to the need to change the brake discs on your Scion xB:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Scion xB, do not hesitate to consult our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To discover more tips on the Scion xB, take a look at the Scion xB category.