Looking after your car is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unexpected expenses. Some of these maintenance works are inevitable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Buick Lucerne . Regardless if it is hard to give you an exact cost, we will first explain the function of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Buick Lucerne, and at last, why and when to replace its discs.
Function of the brake discs of a Buick Lucerne
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Buick Lucerne, we will explain what their role is. They are an integral component of your braking system and make certain your security on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Buick Lucerne. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the car, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name suggests, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Buick Lucerne . As time passes and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Buick Lucerne
We’ll now move on to the component you’re most likely most interested in. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Buick Lucerne? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, in general your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the car it is important to have them in good functioning order. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to replace the brake discs of your Buick Lucerne and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a mechanic of the brand of your Buick Lucerne you should know that the services are always substantially higher priced. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Buick Lucerne at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent mechanic is a solution more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Buick Lucerne while lowering the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Buick Lucerne in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- At last, it is possible to replace your brake discs on your own , with some experience the process is not very difficult and you will find courses on the net. To achieve this, you just have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Buick Lucerne?
As we explained in the introduction, the brake discs on your Buick Lucerne are wear auto parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signs can warn you to the need to replace the brake discs on your Buick Lucerne:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to verify the level of brake fluid in your Buick Lucerne, do not hesitate to consult our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To find more tips on the Buick Lucerne, take a look at the Buick Lucerne category.