We are increasingly more persons to want to execute the maintenance of our Buick Lucerne by themself, obviously, the labour in mechanics is very pricey and the least simple service can quickly surpass 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more difficult and we can not execute all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Buick Lucerne can be accomplished without too much problems. We are going to help you on this web page to select the best engine oil for your Buick Lucerne , this will enable you to do your oil replace without any headache and to assure you an optimum engine behaviour. To get this done, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Buick Lucerne , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Buick Lucerne , and finally, we will conclude with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Buick Lucerne
We will so commence our article with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Buick Lucerne with peace of mind. To do this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you select your engine oil accurately, furthermore to preserving it, you will lower your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Buick Lucerne?
The role of the engine oil in your Buick Lucerne is to lubricate your engine to assure that all the gears in it can run efficiently , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other features such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Buick Lucerne :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Buick Lucerne (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will signify the engine’s ability to start cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the temperature in which you drive your Buick Lucerne.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Buick Lucerne (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Buick Lucerne in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the book of your Buick Lucerne that the oil in question is compatible with your engine.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little effect in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Buick Lucerne to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will recommend you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to follow these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Buick Lucerne
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are mainly made up of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several elements that will improve its life expectancy. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should make sure to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This kind of oil is really adapted to the recent Buick Lucerne engines, obviously, the protection of the engine will be maximum and the cold start too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Buick Lucerne
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Buick Lucerne , we will present our range and direct you to the best retailers so that you can make your choice in the best conditions. We have made it a point to present just oils adapted to your Buick Lucerne, so you will not actually discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Buick Lucerne
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Buick Lucerne lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to replace or top up the oil level of your Buick Lucerne with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Buick Lucerne.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Buick Lucerne
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suited to all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Buick Lucerne
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Buick Lucerne from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil suited to all engines from Buick Lucerne
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Buick Lucerne which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suited to the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines equipped with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine oil for your Buick Lucerne
And to conclude this article, we will give you some recommendations on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Buick Lucerne, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may ruin your engine.
- Observe the advice of the oil producers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Buick Lucerne
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Buick Lucerne, do not hesitate to consult our Buick Lucerne category.