We continue our series of web content on what can get stuck on your car. After seeing why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, in this article we’ll check out why the key is stuck in your Cadillac SRX ignition . Especially irritating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and therefore from employing your car. We will consequently do everything we can to help you fix this problem as quickly as possible. To achieve this, first, we will show you to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Cadillac SRX is stuck? And, finally, how to unblock the key stuck in your Cadillac SRX ignition.
What’s the purpose of my Cadillac SRX’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Cadillac SRX is a security feature. Its purpose is to protect your car from theft tries. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, created in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its purpose is to prevent your Cadillac SRX from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not recognize your car key. It is closely related to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we generally make reference to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Cadillac SRX ignition?
Now it’s time to show you to you why the key is stuck in your Cadillac SRX ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve detailed what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Cadillac SRX that is blocked, do not hesitate to consult our content page on this subject. A neiman is not a wearing part that you change repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can occur that you have to change it as a result of regular wear and tear. In this article are the different explanations of a ignition that locks on Cadillac SRX :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Cadillac SRX : As we stated earlier, over time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning properly. In such a case, you should experience complications inserting and turning the key before it locks entirely.
- A component of the ignition of your Cadillac SRX that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we explained in introduction, when we speak about the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is faulty, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Cadillac SRX: At last, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal components and thus damaged the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Cadillac SRX ignition barrel?
We now proceed to the solutions available to you for solving a key stuck in your Cadillac SRX ignition . According to the source of your problem the solutions will not be the same, locate them down below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try softly with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the copy of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Cadillac SRX is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a short while, it should unblock the neiman of your Cadillac SRX.
- If your key is stuck in your ignition as a result of a faulty element: If finally it is as a result of an internal element that your ignition lock is no longer unblocked you will sadly have to change the whole block (electronic switch, lock cylinder, neiman), we suggest you to go to a professional who will as well have to give you a new key to begin your Cadillac SRX.
If you have any additional questions about the Cadillac SRX, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac SRX category.