Keeping an eye on your vehicle is essential in the present day, indeed, if you do not do the minimal routine service of it, or if you do not consider signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to speak about today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the key indicator light on Toyota Sienna dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Toyota Sienna points, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Toyota Sienna? .
What does the key light on Toyota Sienna mean?
So we begin our content with the meaning of a key indicator light on Toyota Sienna dash , it may be that furthermore to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Take note that the most important action of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Toyota Sienna , however, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the origin of this problem the best remedy will be to run your Toyota Sienna through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this process, you can discover all the necessary info to perform this work in our dedicated content. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum info on the most important warning messages it can send you:
- An oil change conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil change on your own, it is most likely that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Toyota Sienna, here is the process to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level problem: It is possible that the oil level sensor is revealing that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Toyota Sienna is on because your EGR valve is dirty, often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your car.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most general trigger of an orange wrench light on Toyota Sienna is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Toyota Sienna is on?
We are now going to proceed to the second part of our content and try to present you the solutions to each of the problems pointed out in the previous part and consequently how to handle it if I see the wrench light on your Toyota Sienna? To do this, we will take turns answering each of the problems you might face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we described before, a basic reset of the indicator light on your Toyota Sienna will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content to perform this procedure.
- Oil level problem: This is a very basic problem and the easiest to solve. You will simply have to examine your oil level, we recommend you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on because of the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the problem, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Toyota Sienna, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your problem originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite basic and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Toyota Sienna , we hope this content has helped you solve your problem.
If you want more guides on the Toyota Sienna, go to our Toyota Sienna category.