Paying attention to your car is important in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the lowest routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your motor vehicle becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indications that most interferes with motorists is the key indicator light on Jeep Liberty dash . To try to help you analyze this light, first we will see what this key light on Jeep Liberty means, then in a second how to handle it if the key light is lit on Jeep Liberty? .
What does the key light on Jeep Liberty mean?
So we begin our content page with the meaning of a key indicator light on Jeep Liberty dash , it may be that in addition to the key you have the logo of a car next to it. Be aware that the most important action of this light is to tell you that it’s time to service your Jeep Liberty , nevertheless, this light can also have other explanations, even dozens of them. To discover the origin of this issue the best remedy will be to run your Jeep Liberty through the diagnostic too l, if you don’t know how to achieve this process, you can find all the necessary information to conduct this act in our dedicated content page. We will try in the following list to give you the maximum information on the most important alert messages it can send you:
- An oil replace conducted without resetting the indicator: If you have done your oil replace by yourself, it is probably that you have not thought of resetting the oil change indicator of your Jeep Liberty, here is the process to achieve this small reset of the key light of your car.
- Oil level issue: It is possible that the oil level sensor is suggesting that the oil level is too low.
- EGR Valve: Another opportunity is that the key light on your Jeep Liberty is on because your EGR valve is dirty, very often the case if you are driving short distances or not pushing the gears of your vehicle.
- Glow plugs: At last, the last and most basic cause of an orange wrench light on Jeep Liberty is that your glow plugs are getting tired.
What if the orange key light on Jeep Liberty is on?
We are now going to move on to the second part of our content page and try to present you the solutions to each of the complications outlined in the previous part and therefore how to handle it if I find out the wrench light on your Jeep Liberty? To achieve this, we will take turns answering each of the complications you may possibly face:
- Reset the drain indicator light: As we mentioned before, a simple reset of the indicator light on your Jeep Liberty will be enough to turn off the key indicator and restart it for a cycle of 10 000km or 1 year, see our content page to conduct this procedure.
- Oil level issue: This is a very basic issue and the easiest to resolve. You will simply have to examine your oil level, we suggest you to take the opportunity to verify all your oil levels.
- EGR Valve: In the case of a light that comes on due to the EGR valve, you will need to have the details of this fault code through the diagnostic tool. Once you are sure of the origin of the issue, you can try to clean your car by pushing the gears (hot engine), in any other case disassemble and clean the EGR valve of your Jeep Liberty, we made a tutorial to help you to do it. In any other case, go to a mechanic and prepare to pay a few hundred euros.
- Glow plugs: Finally, if your issue originates from your glow plugs, the process to replace them is quite simple and you won’t need more than 40 euros worth of glow plugs.
There, you now know everything about the wrench light on Jeep Liberty , we hope this content page has helped you solve your issue.
To get more tips on the Jeep Liberty, take a look at the Jeep Liberty category.