Certain options on our vehicles allow you to benefit from serious driving comfort! In actual fact, having a GPS included in your motor vehicle allows you to stay centered on the road while driving to an unknown destination without any complications. However the road network is frequently changing, it is consequently important to update the GPS of your Ford F 150 , and this is accurately what we will see in this article. To do this, first we will talk about the different attributes of the integrated GPS for cars, and secondly, how to update the GPS of a Ford F 150 .
How does onboard GPS work in a Ford F 150
In this part we will discover how the GPS of a Ford F 150 works and what are the different sort of GPS.
The features of an integrated GPS?
A built-in GPS gives many features that a mobile phone GPS or Tomtom-type GPS will not have the ability to give you. Down below is a list of the advantages of these devices:
- The fact that it is included straight into the dashboard of your Ford F 150 makes it impossible to steal the GPS from your motor vehicle.
- Linked to your car’s radio antenna, the GPS will have better reception than any form of GPS you could use.
- It is frequently, depending on the year, linked to steering wheel voice commands, which allows you to use it without taking your hands off the wheel and therefore to drive more securely.
- The screen is in most instances much larger than a GPS on a smartphone or a nomadic type, so the information is more readable.
- Associated with your sound system, it can be coupled to music and just happen when you replace direction, which limits the risk of you going off course as much as possible.
The different sort of GPS for Ford F 150
After having seen the pros and before explaining to you how to update the GPS of your Ford F 150 , we will fairly quickly illustrate the different types of built-in GPS that exist for a Ford F 150 , here they are:
- The classic GPS: We call classic GPS the models that equip recent cars, they are connected to a complete multimedia system and are equipped with a touch screen.
- The old GPS: These GPS were the first generations, the screen is only used for navigation and they are updated with a USB stick or SD card. These systems, nevertheless basic to use and have a lower screen quality, you’ll feel like you’re watching a TV from the 90’s.
- GPS Android Auto or Apple CarPlay: At last, last kind of GPS, on the latest automobiles it is possible to have a system including Android or Apple, these systems are autonomous and you use the native applications of one of the two operating systems. They are very reactive and convenient to use.
How do I update the GPS on a Ford F 150 ?
We will now move on to the component you are most enthusiastic about, how to update the GPS of your Ford F 150 ? To achieve this, we will see for each kind of GPS how the process of updating the cartography, the signalling and the software is done.
Updating old GPS on Ford F 150
The old GPS systems included on the Ford F 150 until the years 2000/2005, these GPS use a particular software for the brand and the approach to update this GPS on a Ford F 150 is to go to the dealer who will take care of it, for a 50 euros in many instances.
Updating the GPS of Ford F 150 by SD or USB
This kind of GPS is most common on cars that are about ten years old. Most of the companies have called upon the company “HERE navigation” and you will have to go to their site to download the map update of your GPS, then transfer it to a USB key or SD card based on the connectors available on your model and do the update straight through the menu of your integrated GPS.
Automatic GPS update
Most recent Ford F 150 ‘s with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will update automatically, so there is no need for you to make any updates. You can continue to use your GPS with secure feeling knowing that the map and speed limits are up to date.
To find more tips on the Ford F 150 , take a look at the Ford F 150 category.