Having a issue with your car is basic, because unfortunately recent automobiles are more and more difficult and therefore subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Ford F 150 . This is a issue that is especially annoying because it can sooner or later bring your car to non starting or broken engine. To do this, first we will find out how injection functions, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Ford F 150 injectors , and at last, how to resolve them.
What is the purpose of the injection of a Ford F 150 ?
So we begin our article by quickly detailing how an injection system functions so that you have all the info you need to understand the failures connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Ford F 150 manages the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Ford F 150 . The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Ford F 150 ?
Now in this second part, we are going to discover the different injection complications and their signs of illness that you may possibly encounter on your Ford F 150 .
Injection pump complications Ford F 150
To commence, we will find out the injection pump complications on your Ford F 150 , there are not many of them, they are generally persistent but we will detail them down below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will trigger a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Ford F 150 .
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Ford F 150 : If you have a major leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the outcomes and signs of illness of a fuel pump issue on a Ford F 150 , you will undoubtedly experience, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Ford F 150
Now we proceed to the injector problems on Ford F 150 . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you may possibly encounter:
- Dirty Ford F 150 injectors: This can happen due to poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are totally clogged. So you will probably have one or more cylinders that are not functioning properly.
- Leaky Ford F 150 injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Ford F 150 HS: This is the case when your injectors are totally clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector complications on your Ford F 150 it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may possibly encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to get rid of an injection issue on a Ford F 150 ?
To end our article on the injection complications on Ford F 150 , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the source of your complications, it will unfortunately be very complicated to intervene on the problem without replacing the part, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and in some cases the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are different solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Ford F 150 , do not be reluctant to seek advice from our article on this subject to get the procedure. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to be able to change it, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on the injectors that leak on Ford F 150 , to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you wish more guides on the Ford F 150 , go to our Ford F 150 category.