It’s perhaps hot outside, you’ve just acquired a new car and you want to use one of the handiest features of your Citroen Ds4, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tricky task to achieve, but today we’re going to take a look at this process, which, although simple, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Citroen Ds4? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Citroen Ds4 and at last we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Citroen Ds4?
The air conditioning of your Citroen Ds4 functions in a very equivalent way to that of your family fridge, actually, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its state (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Citroen Ds4 operates effectively:
- The compressor: It is the essential component of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main objective, like a radiator, to allow the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it turn into gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Citroen Ds4 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Citroen Ds4?
Now let’s advance to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Citroen Ds4? Although this process is not so difficult for most of you, it would be a shame not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Citroen Ds4
There are two kind of air conditioning on Citroen Ds4, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Citroen Ds4 is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of adjustments, but you’ll already have the opportunity to cool the air inside your car. You can just select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Citroen Ds4, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Citroen Ds4, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Citroen Ds4.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Citroen Ds4
To finish , we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Citroen Ds4. Although the technique is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some additional options that will allow you appreciate refreshing air with even more convenience. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. In addition to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which gives you the possibility of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Citroen Ds4. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Citroen Ds4, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Citroen Ds4.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Citroen Ds4
Finally, last section of our article content, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Citroen Ds4, we will see some practical tips to improve the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Citroen Ds4 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Citroen Ds4 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have spotted any unpleasant odors caused by the air conditioning in your Citroen Ds4, don’t be reluctant to browse our page on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Citroen Ds4 on the regular basis, even in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Citroen Ds4, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Ds4 category.