It’s quite likely the summer, you’ve just bought a new motor vehicle and you want to use one of the most valuable capabilities of your Fiat 500 X, air conditioning!
On most cars, switching on the air conditioning is not a tricky task to do, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this action, which, even though common, can be a bit complex for novices. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Fiat 500 X? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Fiat 500 X and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Fiat 500 X?
The air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X works in a very comparable way to that of your fridge, the truth is, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will be sure that the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X functions properly:
- The compressor: It is the essential part of your air conditioning system, it controls the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as objective, like a radiator, to let the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it convert straight to gas and during this transition will produce cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this device works in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Fiat 500 X?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Fiat 500 X? Although this task is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Fiat 500 X
There are two sort of air conditioning on Fiat 500 X, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Fiat 500 X is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of adjustments, but you’ll already have the opportunity to cool the air inside your car. You can just choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Fiat 500 X, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Fiat 500 X.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Fiat 500 X
At last, we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Fiat 500 X. Although the technique is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some extra possibilities that will permit you appreciate cold air with a lot more comfort. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which gives you the possibility of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Fiat 500 X. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Fiat 500 X, you will only have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Fiat 500 X.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Fiat 500 X
To finish , last part of our content page, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Fiat 500 X, we will offer you some practical recommendations to improve the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Fiat 500 X which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning function.
- In the wintertime, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Fiat 500 X 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have discovered any unpleasant smells caused by the air conditioning in your Fiat 500 X, don’t hesitate to browse our article content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 X on the regular basis, also in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you need more guides on the Fiat 500 X, go to our Fiat 500 X category.