It’s probably warm, you’ve just bought a new vehicle and you want to use one of the most valuable options of your Chevrolet Cruze, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a complicated action to do, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this action, which, although ordinary, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Chevrolet Cruze? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Chevrolet Cruze and to finish we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Chevrolet Cruze?
The air conditioning of your Chevrolet Cruze functions in a very equivalent way to that of your refrigerator, actually, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its condition (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will ensure that the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Cruze performs correctly:
- The compressor: It is the essential component of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as goal, like a radiator, to let the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert straight to gas and during this changeover will create cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Cruze works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Chevrolet Cruze?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Chevrolet Cruze? Although this process is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Chevrolet Cruze
There are two sort of air conditioning on Chevrolet Cruze, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Chevrolet Cruze is what we could call the entry level. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of settings, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Cruze, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Chevrolet Cruze, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Chevrolet Cruze.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Chevrolet Cruze
To conclude, we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Chevrolet Cruze. Although the method is very comparable to manual air conditioning, there are some extra options that will allow you enjoy refreshing air with much more comfort. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to select the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you often have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which provides you with the chances of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Chevrolet Cruze. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Chevrolet Cruze, you will just have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Chevrolet Cruze.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Chevrolet Cruze
To finish , last part of our document, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Chevrolet Cruze, we will tell you some practical tips to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Chevrolet Cruze which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning function.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Chevrolet Cruze 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have observed any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Chevrolet Cruze, don’t hesitate to consult our page on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Cruze on a regular basis, also in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To find more tips on the Chevrolet Cruze, take a look at the Chevrolet Cruze category.