It’s most likely warm, you’ve just acquired a new motor vehicle and you desire to use one of the handiest features of your Mercedes Benz GL Class, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a difficult thing to achieve, but on this page we’re going to look into this manipulation, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercedes Benz GL Class? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz GL Class and finally we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Mercedes Benz GL Class?
The air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GL Class functions in a very comparable way to that of your family fridge, in fact, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its state (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will ensure that the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GL Class works correctly:
- The compressor: It is the essential element of your air conditioning unit, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to let the gas to reduce in temperature and come back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert in to gas and during this transition will create cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GL Class works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes Benz GL Class?
Now let’s go forward to the section that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes Benz GL Class? Although this process is easier than you think for most of you, it would be a pity not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Mercedes Benz GL Class
There are two kind of air conditioning on Mercedes Benz GL Class, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this style of the air conditioning on Mercedes Benz GL Class is what we could call the cheap one. Indeed, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation strength and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GL Class, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Mercedes Benz GL Class, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Mercedes Benz GL Class.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Mercedes Benz GL Class
Finally, we will discover how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Mercedes Benz GL Class. Although the method is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will permit you benefit from refreshing air with much more convenience. In contrast to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which provides you with the chances of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Mercedes Benz GL Class. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz GL Class, you will only have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz GL Class.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GL Class
To conclude, last section of our document, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes Benz GL Class, we will offer you some practical recommendations to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Mercedes Benz GL Class which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning perform.
- During the cold months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Mercedes Benz GL Class 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture odors in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have spotted any unpleasant odors coming from the air conditioning in your Mercedes Benz GL Class, don’t be reluctant to read our article content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GL Class frequently, even in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you need more guides on the Mercedes Benz GL Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GL Class category.