It’s most certainly hot outside, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you desire to use one of the most valuable options of your BMW 2 Series, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a tough thing to perform, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this manipulation, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a BMW 2 Series? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your BMW 2 Series and to finish we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on BMW 2 Series?
The air conditioning of your BMW 2 Series works in a very similar way to that of your refrigerator, in fact, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its condition (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will be sure that the air conditioning of your BMW 2 Series works properly:
- The compressor: It is the main component of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main objective, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and come back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it turn in to gas and during this changeover will generate cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device works in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your BMW 2 Series works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on BMW 2 Series?
Now let’s go forward to the section that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on BMW 2 Series? Although this process is simple enough for many of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on BMW 2 Series
There are two sort of air conditioning on BMW 2 Series, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on BMW 2 Series is what we could call the cheap one. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the possibility to refresh the air inside your car. You can just choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your BMW 2 Series, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your BMW 2 Series, then set the ventilation and temperature of your BMW 2 Series.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a BMW 2 Series
To conclude, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on BMW 2 Series. Although the method is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will permit you enjoy refreshing air with much more convenience. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to choose the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which provides you with the chances of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your BMW 2 Series. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your BMW 2 Series, you will only have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your BMW 2 Series.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your BMW 2 Series
To conclude, last section of our content, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your BMW 2 Series, we will tell you some practical suggestions to improve the usage of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your BMW 2 Series which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- During the cold months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your BMW 2 Series 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture odors in the passenger compartment. In case you have discovered any unpleasant odours caused by the air conditioning in your BMW 2 Series, don’t be reluctant to browse our content page on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your BMW 2 Series regularly, also in winter, to keep it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you want more guides on the BMW 2 Series, go to our BMW 2 Series category.