It’s almost certainly hot, you’ve just purchased a new car and you wish to use one of the handiest functions of your Mini Countryman, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tough action to carry out, but in this article we’re going to look into this process, which, whilst ordinary, can be a bit complex for novices. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Mini Countryman? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mini Countryman and at last we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Mini Countryman?
The air conditioning of your Mini Countryman operates in a very equivalent way to that of your refrigerator, in reality, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will make sure that the air conditioning of your Mini Countryman performs properly:
- The compressor: It is the essential part of your air conditioning unit, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as objective, like a radiator, to enable the gas to reduce in temperature and come back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this changeover will generate cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit operates in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Mini Countryman works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Mini Countryman?
Now let’s move on to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Mini Countryman? Although this task is not difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Mini Countryman
There are two sort of air conditioning on Mini Countryman, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Mini Countryman is what we could call the entry level. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of settings, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can simply choose the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Mini Countryman, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Mini Countryman, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Mini Countryman.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Mini Countryman
To conclude, we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Mini Countryman. Although the approach is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will allow you enjoy refreshing air with further convenience. In contrast to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the possibility of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Mini Countryman. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Mini Countryman, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Mini Countryman.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Mini Countryman
To conclude, last section of our document, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mini Countryman, we will offer you some practical suggestions to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Mini Countryman which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Mini Countryman 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have observed any unpleasant odours coming from the air conditioning in your Mini Countryman, don’t hesitate to browse our article content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Mini Countryman on the regular basis, also in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To find more tips on the Mini Countryman, take a look at the Mini Countryman category.