Having an automobile is useful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And sadly, we know perfectly, even the luckiest among us hardly ever fall through the cracks. On the other hand, between an automobile that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the outcomes are going to be quite different. In any case, a Peugeot Rifter that doesn’t drive is hard to move and the only answer is often to tow it to the nearest garage area. In this article content we will show you how to tow a Peugeot Rifter, respecting the legislation and guaranteeing maximum security. To achieve this, first we will check out the rules to adhere to when towing a Peugeot Rifter, then how to tow a Peugeot Rifter yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a professional to tow your car.
The rules to adhere to if you want to tow an Peugeot Rifter
It is in reality possible to tow your automobile. On the other hand, if you want to go into towing a Peugeot Rifter you will have to adhere to some simple rules. We present them to you just below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, because the speed at which you will tow your Peugeot Rifter may put at risk yourself and other users if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not exceed 25 km/h, you must always stay in control of both automobiles, a high speed will not allow you to anticipate possible challenges and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to be sure that the Peugeot Rifter and the car towing it are properly aligned, to keep up a good behaviour.
- Switch on the warnings lights on both automobiles.
- If the Peugeot Rifter being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate plugged into the first automobile so that you can alert the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Peugeot Rifter by yourself
Now that you have found out the basic specifications for securely towing a Peugeot Rifter, we will teach you the different solutions to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Peugeot Rifter, as ropes, straps or other products are not appropriate and will only risk you having an incident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three types of existing tow bars to tow your Peugeot Rifter, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Examine that you have two towing rings on the automobiles, which will let you to link them together with the tow bar.
- Examine that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have efficient signalling on the Peugeot Rifter to be towed.
These are the regulation to adhere to if you want to tow your Peugeot Rifter. On the other hand bear in mind that this method should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we recommend you to read the following section.
Have your Peugeot Rifter towed by a professional
To finish , last part of our guidebook, if you are not able to tow your Peugeot Rifter in good conditions, it remains the most logical resolution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This might sound like an expensive option, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services free of charge. Here are the details to check on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is in accordance with the mileage shown in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Examine that the problems you are struggling with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- Finally, check the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the info you need to tow your Peugeot Rifter in good conditions.
If you wish more guides on the Peugeot Rifter, go to our Peugeot Rifter category.