Having an automobile is practical, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And regrettably, we know perfectly, also the luckiest among us rarely fall through the cracks. On the other hand, between a car that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the results are going to be quite different. In any case, a Mitsubishi Pajero 3 that doesn’t drive is tricky to move and the only solution is often to tow it to the nearest garage area. In this content we will describe how to tow a Mitsubishi Pajero 3, respecting the legislation and guaranteeing maximum safety. To get this done, first we will have a look at the rules to adhere to when towing a Mitsubishi Pajero 3, then how to tow a Mitsubishi Pajero 3 yourself, and at last, the most sensible solution is to hire a professional to tow your car.
The rules to adhere to if you want to tow an Mitsubishi Pajero 3
It is in fact possible to tow your automobile. On the other hand, if you want to go into towing a Mitsubishi Pajero 3 you will have to adhere to some restrictions. We present them to you below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, since the speed at which you will tow your Mitsubishi Pajero 3 may put at risk yourself and other drivers if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not go over 25 km/h, you must constantly stay in control of both cars, a high speed will not let you to anticipate possible problems and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to be sure that the Mitsubishi Pajero 3 and the car towing it are properly aligned, to hold a good behaviour.
- Switch on the warnings lights on both cars.
- If the Mitsubishi Pajero 3 being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate plugged into the first automobile so that you can notify the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Mitsubishi Pajero 3 by yourself
Now that you have discovered the basic rules for safely towing a Mitsubishi Pajero 3, we will present you the different techniques to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Mitsubishi Pajero 3, as ropes, straps or other products are not suitable and will only risk you having an incident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Mitsubishi Pajero 3, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Examine that you have two towing rings on the cars, which will allow you to link them together with the tow bar.
- Examine that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have functional signalling on the Mitsubishi Pajero 3 to be towed.
These are the regulation to adhere to if you want to tow your Mitsubishi Pajero 3. On the other hand bear in mind that this alternative should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we encourage you to go through the following section.
Have your Mitsubishi Pajero 3 towed by a professional
To finish , last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Mitsubishi Pajero 3 in good conditions, it keeps the most reasonable solution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This might seem like an expensive solution, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services cost-free. Here are the points to examine on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is in respect with the mileage insured in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Examine that the complications you are struggling with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- At last, examine the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the information you need to tow your Mitsubishi Pajero 3 in good conditions.
If you need more guides on the Mitsubishi Pajero 3, go to our Mitsubishi Pajero 3 category.