Modern vehicles have a growing number of functionnalities and although they provide us a lot of convenience, some of them are not always simple to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volkswagen Up!, dependent on its functionnalities, it can be hard to figure out how to start a Volkswagen Up!? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem evident to most of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. On this webpage we will explain the several methods to start a Volkswagen Up! with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Volkswagen Up! with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Volkswagen Up! with key?
So we begin our article which is designed to teach you how to start a Volkswagen Up!, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find down below the different steps to be carried out to turn on the engine of your Volkswagen Up!:
- Identify the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is in most instances on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to consult our article on the steering wheel blocked on Volkswagen Up! that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they mean don’t be reluctant to consult our article on orange lights on Volkswagen Up! to discover the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volkswagen Up! starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Volkswagen Up!,
How to start a Volkswagen Up! with the key card?
After finding out about how to turn on the engine of a Volkswagen Up! with key or will explain you how to do it for a Volkswagen Up! equipped with a key card and not a key. The method remains roughly alike, so don’t be reluctant to return to the previous part to get details on each of the steps to do. Discover down below the steps to stick to to start your Volkswagen Up! with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, check on your dashboard if your Volkswagen Up! is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is generally based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally placed on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volkswagen Up!
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volkswagen Up!
How do I start a Volkswagen Up! without a key?
And to finish, we will discover, how to start a Volkswagen Up! without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem logical. Even so, you should know that if your Volkswagen Up! is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to turn on it without a key because of all the security systems present on it. Of course, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volkswagen Up!).
There, you’ve discovered all the ways to start a Volkswagen Up!.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Up!, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Up! category.