Recent automobiles have an increasing number of options and even though they give us a lot of convenience, some of them are not all the time easy to use. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volkswagen New Beetle, depending on its options, it can be challenging to understand how to start a Volkswagen New Beetle? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem obvious to many of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. On this webpage we will teach you the several techniques to start a Volkswagen New Beetle with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Volkswagen New Beetle with a card, and finally, without using the key.
How to start a Volkswagen New Beetle with key?
So we begin our article content which is meant to teach you how to start a Volkswagen New Beetle, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find down below the different guidelines to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Volkswagen New Beetle:
- Find the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is most frequently on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to browse our article content on the steering wheel blocked on Volkswagen New Beetle that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t hesitate to browse our article content on orange lights on Volkswagen New Beetle to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volkswagen New Beetle starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Volkswagen New Beetle,
How to start a Volkswagen New Beetle with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Volkswagen New Beetle with key or will demonstrate you how to do it for a Volkswagen New Beetle equipped with a key card and not a key. The process is still more or less similar, so don’t hesitate to go back to the previous section to have information on each of the steps to do. Discover below the guidelines to stick to to start your Volkswagen New Beetle with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, examine on your dashboard if your Volkswagen New Beetle is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is in most cases based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is in most cases placed on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volkswagen New Beetle
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volkswagen New Beetle
How do I start a Volkswagen New Beetle without a key?
And finally, we will find out, how to start a Volkswagen New Beetle without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem logical. Even so, you should know that if your Volkswagen New Beetle is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to start it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to stick to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volkswagen New Beetle).
There, you’ve found out all the methods to start a Volkswagen New Beetle.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Volkswagen New Beetle, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen New Beetle category.