Modern cars have an increasing number of functionnalities and even though they give us a lot of comfort, some of them are not all the time easy to use. Regardless you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Scion xB, depending on its functionnalities, it can be challenging to know precisely how to start a Scion xB? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem evident to most of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. Today we will show you the different methods to start a Scion xB with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Scion xB with a card, and at last, without using the key.
How to start a Scion xB with key?
So we begin our content which is meant to learn you how to start a Scion xB, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find below the different guidelines to be executed to turn on the engine of your Scion xB:
- Discover the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is almost always on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to consult our content on the steering wheel blocked on Scion xB that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t think twice to consult our content on orange lights on Scion xB to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Scion xB starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Scion xB,
How to start a Scion xB with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Scion xB with key or will describe you how to do it for a Scion xB equipped with a key card and not a key. The technique is still roughly similar, so don’t think twice to go back to the previous part to get details on each of the steps to do. Discover listed below the actions to adhere to to start your Scion xB with a card:
- Dependent on the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, check on your dashboard if your Scion xB is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is in most cases based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is in most cases situated on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Scion xB
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Scion xB
How do I start a Scion xB without a key?
And at last, we will find out, how to start a Scion xB without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem logical. However, you should know that if your Scion xB is newer than the mid 90’s it will be hard to start it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Scion xB).
There, you’ve found out all the solutions to start a Scion xB.
To discover more tips on the Scion xB, take a look at the Scion xB category.