Modern automobiles have more and more options and despite the fact they give us a lot of convenience, a lot of them are not all the time simple to operate. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Toyota FJ Cruiser, dependent on its options, it can be difficult to figure out how to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem evident to most of you, depending on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. Today we will demonstrate the different methods to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Toyota FJ Cruiser with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser with key?
So we begin our content which is meant to teach you how to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find listed below the various guidelines to be carried out to turn on the engine of your Toyota FJ Cruiser:
- Find the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is generally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to consult our content on the steering wheel blocked on Toyota FJ Cruiser that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they mean don’t be reluctant to consult our content on orange lights on Toyota FJ Cruiser to discover the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Toyota FJ Cruiser starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Toyota FJ Cruiser,
How to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Toyota FJ Cruiser with key or will teach you you how to do it for a Toyota FJ Cruiser equipped with a key card and not a key. The method is still pretty much alike, so don’t be reluctant to go back to the previous part to have information on each of the steps to do. Discover listed below the steps to follow to start your Toyota FJ Cruiser with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, verify on your dashboard if your Toyota FJ Cruiser is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is in most cases placed at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is in most cases situated on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Toyota FJ Cruiser
How do I start a Toyota FJ Cruiser without a key?
And to finish, we will find out, how to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Toyota FJ Cruiser is newer than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to turn on it without a key because of all the security equipment present on it. As expected, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the method to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Toyota FJ Cruiser).
There, you’ve found out all the techniques to start a Toyota FJ Cruiser.
To find more tips on the Toyota FJ Cruiser, take a look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser category.